Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Why is this "words hurt" protection so selective though? That is one of the many things that annoys me about political correctness. Moreover those who support it seem to act as if their point of view was so morally and logically fireproof that anyone who disagrees is retarded and in some way morally deficient.

I have been offended by the culture I grew up in ever since I was old enough to understand what was going on. I don't expect it to change and I expect and children I might have - and their children - to experience the same.

And? I deal with it. I use it to motivate me.

I suggest others do the same just a little bit and do not descend into a pit of defensive self pity where they cannot even take a bit of banter and ribbing and create a tense, uncomfortable society and a culture of fear.

Maybe then we might recapture our sense of humour and all get along more easily.

I have discussed this several times with members of ethnic minorities and the message is always the same - everyone chill out. We're not as bothered as you think .

end link