Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

To take up Berns point that words hurt...I see that the UK Border Agency who do such a sterling job here in Dover keeping drugs out, have also elsewhere succeeded in keeping some very harsh American bible thumping preachers out. I agreed myself about the exclusion of that Dutch extremist last week and likewise I am in harmony with this latest exclusion. These latest excluded people, preaching the so called word of God, are violently homophobic..ie against homesexual practice of all kinds and in all ways. They of course only spout words but words so nasty that it potentially could set the position of homosexuals back 50 years..and we all know what it was like then for homosexuals, prison and worse.

So where does this leave us on Free Speech. Its the greatest red herring amongst the chattering classes this term Free Speech...defend to the death your right to do it etc etc...but thats all baloney. Nobody is prepared to die so that this reverend can have Free Speech. Free Speech is a great misnomer.

We deny Free Speech to extremists, radicals, de-stabilisers and so on...as it should be too. I wouldnt give a platform to Hitler myself. Yes we have Free Speech of sorts, but only if you get rubber stamp approval first.

end link