Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

GaryC - Why dont you read my previous post on that subject, here it is again copied and pasted:

"""my sypathy would be firmly with Mandie and her daughter over that. To call someone who is a Sikh or of similar non Pakistani extraction a 'Paki' is indeed nothing more than deliberately causing offense if, in such instances, after being corrected they dont apologise or carry on with it. Once again context and intent is very important.""""

I do not agree with what they did, but yes, freedom of speech means someone should be able to say things that I (or you) do not approve of even if they do give offense. As I have said in such instances you should also be prepared to pay the consequences and if the way Mandie's children were being treated was deliberate bullying (rather than ignorance that can be corrected) then those who did it should be dealt with severly. I detest bullying.

This is a far cry from merely using a word that some disapprove of in a non-insulting manner, people who take offense at that do indeed need to get a life and a backbone.

end link