Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Surely the point is that the remark was a private one and if the person concerned was not bothered, that is the end of the matter.

To be honest, considering the amount of vilification I have endured because of my German roots, I get rather upset at the level of kow-towing to certain ethnic groups who seem to get all the limelight.

It is still considered OK to insult Germans on the basis of their nationality because we started a war with them seven decades ago. I have a friend who is also half German who was repeatedly called "Hitler" by her PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER.

Whether Germans are further removed ethnically from the British than Irish people is a moot point, but how close or distant you are from the white British, ethnically speaking, is irrelevant in my opinion when it comes to determining racism.

I also of course have to endure (like the rest of our community) the misguided perception that Dover is a hotbed of racist ferment. I think we all know how that feels.

To be honest it is getting to the point where I feel if I hear one more person moaning about being offended then I will scream.

You cannot force heartfelt tolerance and harmony - you CAN force a veneer of compliance for while.

But what is supressed must sooner or later bounce back.

Former Yugoslavia is a case in point - one the UK would do well to note.

end link