Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

It is not a question of me not understanding. It is a question of hysterical reactions to something trivial that has been blown out of all proportion.

The point is that the remarks were not made on air. It hardly makes you a "Little Englander" just to disagree with the sacking. This is a favourite tactic of left-liberals - they try to shame you into silence by the mention of the words "Daily Mail".

I have had to endure racist jibes all my life about my German roots yet no one gives a damn whether I am offended and even seem to relish baiting me over it.

You have to grow a thick skin sometimes. A society where everyone is so walking on eggshells and living in fear of someone else's hypersensitivity is an intolerable society (even an intolerant one in some respects) and I cannot believe people on here are defending the BBC.

Also it's OK to be racist about Germans, ginger people, the Welsh etc. How can that be right? Why should certain groups that have turned themselves into cottage industries of hair-trigger grievance get to hog all the limelight?

We need to undergo a cultural shift in the UK and stop being so cringingly self-immolating. Grow up a bit about these issues.

Recognise the BBC's attitude for what it is - a twisted species of post-colonial self-flagellation crossed with a form of narcissistic one-upmanship.

And reject it.

end link