Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

If people try to understand, or to accomodate, I think they should be commended. That you don't understand is nothing to be proud of. It's not about saying a word, or about reporting a colleague, or about not being tolerant. I freely admit to being intolerant of racists, bigots and nazis. They are not the kind of people I respect and wish to emulate. However, I respect them as human beings and love them as a Christian. It's about understanding how the words or phrases became hurtful or painful for some people - not you, as a white man, not me as a white irish woman, not him as a gay man, not her as a jew...............but there are some words that will always be damaging to some people. To defend them as ok is reprehensible, to boast about not understanding that is weird. Why is it so difficult to comprehend that some words or phrases were used with the intention of damage or hurt, and even if we don't remember that time, if we don't find them hurtful, or if we don't understand why some are hurt by them, that does not excuse us perpetuating them.

end link