Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Your experiences are truly shocking but not representative of the general picture.
    It was not fifty years ago that it was a crime to have a gay relationship times have changed considerably since then. Gay people are far more accepted now than at any other time. I employed 3 gay men in 3 very tough pubs. They were accepted by everybody weren't abused or insulted and never suffered any physical abuse.
    There are now 2 gay bars in Dover and as far as I am aware they do not experience any trouble.
    Some gay people do nothing to improve what used to be peoples concept of a gay.
    'Cottaging' does little to enhance the image and can provoke people, it is the unacceptable face of being gay I don't think that you could deny that.
    You will always get those who are homophobic, in many cases they are uncertain people themselves hiding behind a facade of masculinity.
    You will always get the gays who broadcast the fact but for what reason do most people really care. When it comes to my sexuality because of the people I have employed I have often been asked whether I am gay. I refuse to answer that question because it is nobody elses business.
    Oh and by the way those I employed were what is described as 'camp queens' the third was a little more reserved.

end link