Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have already given an example of where the difference lays between decency and the utter insanity of political correctness Bern.

Whether the term 'Paki' is aggressive depends on the context in which it is said, like the term 'Brit' or indeed any word.

Perhaps instead of surrendering this abreviation to the rascists it should be re-claimed for normal and reasonable usage, the way the Union Flag has been 'reclaimed' from the BNP.

Interesting the example of pc you gave. My (first, now deceased) wife had a new colleague straight out of University objecting to people calling coffee black. She was laughed at and ridiculed and she soon joined the real world. Yes, that is a ludicrous example of pc and we hear of further examples all the time.

Me I draw the line even at meetings being run by an inanimate wooden object. Someone who runs a meeting is a chairman, full stop, whatever sex they are. I will not patronise a lady by clumsy changes to the word or abreviating it. I have sat on many a committee run by very able and excellent 'madam chairmen' who would cut off the dangly bits of anyone who calls them something different!

end link