Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You cant get away with that PaulB.

Even back in the 70's it was unacceptable to rudely and aggressively call someone a 'Paki Bastard', certainly among my friends. It was a matter, not of political correctness, but of simple human decency and curtosy.

But among friends it was different, it was common to refer to a mate as a 'Scots Git', 'Honky' or 'Black Bastard', done in a friendly manner, wanna pint bogtrotter?. If anyone else did so, if anyone else called a friend such a name in a hostile tone then it would be a different story and all hell could break loose.

The latter is pretty much the same as Harrry referring to his 'little Paki friend' to a mate of his. Perfectly harmless. The big difference is that today people have lost a sense of perspective and this is where the evil, pernicious and suffocating political correctness comes in.

People need to get a life and a bit of perspective. I loved Life on Mars because it reminded us of a time before pc, when the police were real police. If they could give misbehaving youngsters a clip around the ear today a lot of problems would be solved!

Incidentally, I like old Jim Davidson, he has done a lot to entertain the forces for instance, going to the Falkelands when other entertainers would not do so. These days it is not so much public taste that is his problem but tv executives brain washed by political correctness.

Do you remember the old sitcom, Love Thy Neighbour from the 70's? There was a white bigot living next door to an articulate and clever black man. I think the black man was played by someone who in now in Eastenders. This comedy really was ahead of its day showing just how silly racial prejudice is/was. This will not be be repeated, again because it infringes upon political correcteness. But then there is another theory as to why it wont be repeated, the bigoted white man was Labour and the black bloke was a Tory and in one episode they both stood for the Council! The left wing tv execs would not like that!

end link