Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I can't help thinking some people get more excited about this kind of thing than those of us to whom it refers. I'm more than aware of language and its uses - at the same time, right now, I'd suggest that some of the tabloid jumping and and down is really rather cosmetic.

Maybe I feel rather unmoved today about this report on Prince Harry as I still can't quite understand what exactly was in the head of the Conservative Future former member, who dressed up as Madeleine McCann for a fancy dress party. He even suggested a useful prop would be a phial of blood.

Tell me - at which moment, exactly, does someone realise what an appalling concept this is? To me, this would not even have been thinkable. Moreover, the person involved then attempted to justify himself by stating that someone else at the party had dressed as Baby P.

I know the person involved has now apologised unreservedly; nevertheless, the extreme lack of empathy, understanding, and even the most basic of moral discrimination is to me a far more fundamental problem, and a far more telling perspective on our contemporary society, than those raised by the press over a word used by Prince Harry.

(Sorry, Mandy, we posted at a similar time - no reference to your post intended! I am very sorry to hear about the problems your husband and daughter have from some people)

end link