Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Slightly off the subject .I have been listening to the radio when im not at this lap top .Talk on children getting Grammar school places outside of their area ,Back in 1949 i narrowly missed getting a Grammar school place .If I had attended the nearest Grammar School it would have meant a three mile cycle trip along country lanes before 8.00am then a bus journey of some eight miles to Chelmsford the County town of Essex .By gum times were hard then

Every where you look employment by its very nature has moved along at a paceIn my home town we had a Bacon Factory Dunmow Flitch ,now housing .I worked at the Sugarbeet Factory when I first left School in Felstead now a housing site .My home town caters for the nearby Stansted Airport ,houses built everywhere .Its not only Dover where Housing is planned .Sign of the times however it has given employment to many .

How many of you recall Coutaulds a huge factory which spun nylon and silk long since gone .That was in Braintree .The silk used for the Queens Wedding Veil was spun there .

Completely off the subject but times move on .Now we all expect too much .

Back to the chores now .Marek I did have shoes but all clothes were made by my Mother,or hand me downs . .

end link