Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Vic & PaulB

Both posts make very interesting reading.I am not in the 'loop' as Roger puts it but can only comment on what I have witnessed with my own eyes. I moved to Dover in 1978 from a very busy office job in central Manchester where inner city land even then was at a premium.The Arndale Centre (pre-bombing) was being built and pubs,restaurants and coffeee bars were fast emerging.

I drove past the Dover swimming baths on my way to the Docks and noticed the large unused site in St James area which was and is a car park.Well coming from M/Cr I thought the Dover residents very lucky to have so much space tp park their car so close to the docks,seafront and town centre.What a thick northern lad I was ...until I heard that it was under development and that it would soon be lost to offices shops etc.

32 years later it is still a large, but now under used, car park awaiting development.I am not sure how one can justify 32 years of inactivity but what the hell do I know..I'm not in any loop but probably just plain 'loopy'.

end link