Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

victor matcham wrote:
    In my way of thinking unless both of you come very unwell is that not a waste of alot of money the cost of each one is about £400+

You could think of an LPA as a insurance policy against the risk of either or both of you becoming "very unwell" (ie. not in your right mind). It's up to you to decide how big that risk is and whether the cost of the LPA (the "insurance premium") is worth it. For example, if you're planning on dropping down dead anytime soon, you may consider that an LPA is a bit of an irrelevance. On the other hand, if you're planning on going on for ever, consider this: some numpty drives into you, killing one of you and incapacitating the other. Likely? Probably not. Possible? Oh sure - we've had two near misses in the past 10 years that were way too close for comfort. Your call!

I have to confess that this is a 'do as I say, not as I do' suggestion, because the pandemic delayed us doing our LPAs and we haven't got around to it since.

end link