Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Its been a busy week here in Jersey as what appears to be an invasion of Saga Louts took place. Most hotels were offering huge discounts in the hope of attracting last minute pensioners over to the Island before the school holidays commence on 17th July. It appears to have worked as the roads are awash with Hire Cars. You can tell that they are Hire vehicles as the number plate must include a large red 'H' as part of its registration . Car theft is very low on the island but Police were warning motorists to lock their cars and to stop leaving the keys in the ignition as this was putting temptation in the face of neer do wells. A car was taken (not stolen last week by a 16 yr old shock horror) hence the 'clampdown'My son who is working at one of the local hotels as a commis chef on the terrace reported daily food sales of £17k for Sunday just gone.

I spent the week visiting old haunts and found myself at The Old Smugglers Inn at Ouaisane Bay where a 4 day Beer and Sausage Festival was being held. For those dedicated beer drinkers the ale on offer was Jersey Liberation Ale 4.0%,Wizards Staff 3.8%,Marstons Old Empire a whooping 5.7%,Skinners St Pirans Ale 4.5% (a new one to me )Belhaven St Andrews ale and Jennings honey Bole both about 4.5%.all at £2.70p per pint or 3 different half glasses for £3.00. I arrived Friday lunch and got home Sunday night....joking but it was a friendly 12thC Inn very unassuming and full of fishermen whose hands made the pint pots look like thimbles.

This weekend is mapped out by my daughter who has her cousins birthday party to attend on Saturday..10 pin bowling followed by a meal at the exclusive Aero Club and a flight around the island.Sunday its church followed by her best frock as she enters the final selection day for Miss Junior Battle of the Flowers.It's Jerseys equivalent to a Carnival and attracts many tourists to the island.I believe that the Ramsgate Court are in attendance this year so that should be fun.

So from me in Jersey its toodle pip until next time.

Marek

end link