Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well it's another lovely sunny morning here in Jersey.Natascha is completing her application to enter the Miss Junior Battle of the Flowers contest but with an expected 90 young hopefuls all putting their names forward I have told Natascha not to hold her breath.

The scandal on the Island is the revelation that the Police and Special Branch have been keeping secret files on all the state Senators.Shock horror probe there is much sharp intaking of breath and quotes of "heads will roll " etc.Don't they know that this has been happening on the mainland for Donkeys years. We always used to monitor the to-ings and fro-ings of MP's Lords etc. Ah well it makes good copy and sells newspapers.

A recent returning Islander who has been absent for 30 years is very critical of the island in a letter to the Jersey Evening Post.They quote empty shops,dirty streets and gangs of youths roaming the streets late at night all the worse for wear..thats before Daddy arrives in his Bentley to drive their loved ones home. I haven't witnessed any of the aforementioned but its early days yet.

Its Fathers Day on Sunday and weather permitting we intend to visit a Victorian fully restored working farm and then head for the beach for a BBQ with my bro in law, younger brother and their families. The forecast is good so here's hoping...now where did I pack my Pimms?.......PaulB's favourite tipple.....Cheers and Chin Chin

Marek

end link