Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

My problem with it is that it doesn't help the needy.Those people with houses left unoccupied whilst they are in care should contribute towards the cost but not on a voluntary basis as the Tories are advocating.

I fear it could create a two tier system within care homes.Thus reminding some of the bad old days of receiving free school dinners. Elderly people can be quite blunt when addressing each other and I can forsee problems where Mrs Wellington-Boote cries out "but I have paid to be here..she hasn't". Will the care homes be divided into fee paying and non fee paying establishments? Will care homes give priority to 'club members'? as they have paid.What happens if all the care homes are full of fee payers will the Tories build or adapt other places to house the non fee payers or will they just be left at home.?

It's all a bit up in the air at present and I suppose I haven't quite mind up my mind about the scheme yet. I will have to give it more serious consideration.

end link