Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Rick & Claire - I can only speak as I find in this dear benighted town, and there is a growing number of staffs, other large terrier crosses and large dogs such as rottweilers being paraded round the town by ne'er do wells and/or let run loose off the lead. I do absolutely agree that in the wrong hands all dogs can indeed be a menace and be made to be vicious and in the right hands are most normally good natured loyal beasts.

I have worked with and trained rottweilers, german shepherds, collies and I used to breed jack russells for use as rabbiters and ratters so know how good these working breeds can be, both as pets and as working animals, I do however, maintain that one should always keep ones dog under control on a leash appropriate to the weight and power of the dog when one is out in public.

I am not particularly interested in statistics from the USA as I do not think their behaviour and lifestyle translates to the UK and therefore quoting their stats is little help, nor do I read the Daily Mail, ever.

end link