Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Technological changes will always be with us; we are an inquisitive animal that is constantly striving for 'better'. We in the developed world have a skewed vision of technology, however, as we are usually the beneficiaries. We have shiny new cars, TVs, computers, phones etc and when we don't want them we give them to the developing world either to recycle or just to dump in their soil. Technology does not come without a cost. Could the Wright brothers have imagined aeroplanes being used to kill? Could Benz have imagined the environmental damage his combustion engine would cause? Could Tim Berners-Lee have imagined so much time would be wasted by people writing on internet Forums when he created the world wide web?!!!
    In the mid 90s when I was first getting to grips with the internet I remember being told that the world was on the threshold of a revolution. We had had the agrarian revolution and the industrial revolution and now we were about to have the information revolution. As with all revolutions those who could afford to be part of it would be the winners. Those words seem very true to me now especially when you consider that there are still more people in the world yet to use a phone than there are internet users.
    I don't think we'll ever give technology up but we should not become enslaved to it nor be blind to its limitations and its ability to widen the gaps between us.

end link