Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You may well be right Howard, although big National companies have all sorts of figures and information (and of accountants) to call upon.

Certainly small businesses have been much more suppportive of their own businesses as regards marketing - if someone else is doing it and at a much cheaper cost than they could do.

I've nearly finished a P. & O. Discover Dover leaflet, that will also be in French - on P.& O. Ferries, their booking-hall desks and in and around all sorts of places in Calais, so a lot more French people should be coming over here.

I am also creating an English version with the help of Dover Town Council and have received permission for them to be given out at the two cruise terminals; they'll also be in the Visitor Information Centre in Dover, in all the businesses that have an entry in it and I am hoping all the guest houses will be happy to have a stock for their guests too.

This will be great publicity and promotion for all those who have taken an entry.

I did want to include Norfolkline in this so that I could have covered the whole coastal region of the Nord Pas de Calais from Dunkirk to Boulogne, but for some reason, Norfolkline won't even answer my emails or letters, or phone calls, but Calais and Boulogne will work very well for Dover, so I'm not broken-hearted.

Roger

end link