Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes the party politics game done excessively certainly puts people off. Recently for example I thought it was poor form when David Cameron played the party politics game re Afghanistan, the very same day as the big funeral of the dead soldiers. It wasnt nice that, and one or two people expressed surprise. Party Politics isnt about achieving anything good is it...its just saying...vote for me at the next election. So doing it in the midst of the funeral was unsavoury I thought.

As far as engaging the voter goes...there is an effective story P3 of todays Daily Mail, which highlights that from next tuesday our lately much unloved unwashed MP's are taking 82 days off ! yes indeed 82 days off. Jeez thats the good life isnt it. Gimme some of that. As I say, they go next tuesday and are not scheduled to be back at Westminster until OCTOBER 12.

While the rest of us are carrying on in the daily frontline, dealing with the recession, concerned about losing our jobs, worrying about wars on terror, they 've all legged it! This as well as other very generous holiday periods they have too.

On top of all that of course, they have the ability to claim for almost everything you can think of...well up to now anyway.

So their process of re-engaging with the public has a long way to go.

end link