Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

This has caught my eye even down here in France when politics is not at the forefront of my mind (good food, wine and beer.....rather)

There is a 4 part article in the Guardian today by David Cameron. When the Guardian describes a Conservative leader's plans as "the most dramatic redistribution of power in living memory", then there is something very significant being said that is chiming well outside Conservative circles.

I quote a short piece to demonstrate why:
    "I believe the central objective of the new politics we need should be a massive, sweeping, radical redistribution of power. From the state to citizens; from the government to parliament; from Whitehall to communities. From the EU to Britain; from judges to the people; from bureaucracy to democracy. Through decentralisation, transparency and accountability we must take power away from the political elite and hand it to the man and woman in the street." unquote....

I have been talking for years now about the growing 'localisation' agenda withing the Conservative Party. This started about 5 years ago or so when I was chairman and now more than ever this agenda is looking relevant. Make no mistake this is serious stuff and will be the driving force behind a new Conservative Government. Two things have advanced this agenda, the sheer incompetence shown by Government and the expenses scandal. Yes the time is ripe for such policies and the introduction of a new politics.

end link