Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

christine.a wrote:

Ah that answers the riddle, as to why nothing happens on the Bandstand.

Another underused folly.

Accept an overnight stay

Quite a hobby horse for me is the under use of the bandstand, about 10 - 13 years ago Cllr John Goodwin organised Sunday Afternoon concerts that were attended by about 10 - 15 people with an average age of about 75 and they were stewarded by Bobby Royston and Keith Sansum as well as John Goodwin. There was never any advertising of the concerts and when I contacted DTC they said it was all on their website. Back then people in that age group thought a website was something found in their garden.

I suggested to them that offering the use of the bandstand to schools and youth groups at weekends would encourage talented youngsters to show off their musical/dancing skills but never got a reply. When it is used for events and concerts people are enthusiastic and turn out in numbers but DTC sit back and wait for people to do something rather than take a pro-active approach

end link