Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Reginald Barrington wrote:
    Oh poor you.
    I was at home grieving the loss of an uncle and 2 close friends, sorry if their deaths caused you a little less than enjoyable day in Zeebrugge.
    I understand well enough, while the management were virtue signalling and wringing there hands, we were arranging repatriation of bodies and funerals.
    Remember it was the management that caused those deaths not the crew!

You're right on one account only. It was partially a management problem as Justice Sheen pointed out when he referred to the 'disease of sloppiness' that infected the company. It wouldn't have mattered if Marc Stanley was pissed out of his head or not. If he had just hit his head on the top bunk, the end result would have been the same. Lewry and Sabel were equally complacent.

I was part of that management team, although with no responsibilty for he marine side of he business, and I utterly resent the odious implication of 'Oh poor you'. I spent three days telling people that their loved ones were dead and working non-stop to repatriate the remaining passengers.

I wasn't hand wringing. If you want to know the facts about the Zeebrugge disaster then come and see me sometime. Otherwise keep your ignorant and patronising comments to yourself.

end link