Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Is that right re wage rise...gosh is there no one left to beleive in. Just as I was beginning to see a glimmer of light in the re-emergence of trade unions all goes pearshaped image wise. I see a city high flyer was jailed today for fiddling his expenses. Okay it was close to £500,000 in his case...but he got FOUR years for fiddling expenses. No such justice meted out to our friends in the House. Perhaps they were not quite on the same scale as this city guy, but there was talk of criminal charges..one thinks in terms of back burner and long finger on that one.

As an aside...I saw some of Gordon Browns speech today at the TUC (Trades Union Congress), not all of it, but it sounded good. Cuts but cuts with thought. Not just swingeing cuts across the board which I fear the Tories may subject us too. You hear BarryW calling openly for swingeing cuts.

I particularly liked Gordon Browns question and answer session with apprentices. cant see the Tories quite doing something like that.

So....Just when you write Gordon Brown off...there is something there that springs back to life.

end link