Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I see a report out today by the Environment Agency has said that three quarters of our rivers in England and Wales are of poor standard and fail to meet the new standard as set by the European Union. I think only a handful got a good report although the Environment Agency have spoken about the improvement in the quality of the water in some of these rivers which has seen a rise in wildlife content. Salmon have returned in some previously badly polluted rivers and otters have returned to some.

Im not sure how our little Dour would feature in such a report, although I see that near neighbour The Stour has been classified according to a map on the BBC as pretty bad. There is some wildlife in and along the Dour, various birdlife with the occasional star turn being the sometimes seen heron, so maybe thats an encouraging note but hard to say for sure whether we are in fact making progress.

I will look further to see if I can find anything on the Dour.

end link