Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue Nicholas wrote:
    Yes it’s a shame people hide behind a false name. After a very personal attack I vowed never to,post on here again.Gone are the lovely days of Howard Ian .Alec and Bob moved away I think .I don’t mind an arguement but no one should make comments which become too personal.Thats it .

Jan Higgins wrote:
    I admit I can find some one liners from Keith a bit irritating at times , but this time he was explaining why he had been quiet so was fully justified.

Some people prefer an alias because they don't want to be subject to personal attacks, but no one is completely anonymous. I can't remember but I think I had to give my personal details when registering for the forum and whilst I could have lied (I didn't) if there were criminal or civil charges bought against a user, the mods could have to hand over details/IP addresses etc, although I'm not legally trained to know how it is done, but ultimately no one can hide (unless you have state sponsored spy support )

I think "personal attack" was a bit strong to describe a comment about the well-known one-liners but like Jan, I have to agree for once that Keith's one-liner was spot on There was one post recently that clearly was an unjustified personal attack and it was quite rightly removed by the mods.

I like to use half an alias because there has to be a work/personal life balance and there are enough people out there who would be too judgmental if they knew my full ID, especially on here where there are clearly cultural and generational differences

end link