Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Although I have been outspoken on the expenses scandal, and been horrified by the revelations, I am wondering now if this retrospective payment plan is not actually whats required. Its very odd to bring in new rules and then make them retrospective. You couldnt possibly do that for example in the sporting arena or indeed big business or anywhere. I dont think we are seeing the bonuses in the city being paid back for example...so I can partially understand why some MP's feel this is unjustified.

They of course are not a body of individuals many have sympathy with at the moment, however it may have been better to draw a line under this whole episode, put in newer austere rules and try and get the dreadful situation behind us. This retrospective idea will drag it on now to blight a new parliamentary term. No work was done last session with everyone watching for the knife in their back. There are some obnoxious individuals in the House with an aura of greed hanging about them, and Im hoping the voters will show these individuals the door next election.

end link