Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

KCC reduced my daughters pitiful grant (she got more from my employer who had no chance of a return on their investment) once my son went to University too. For some perverted reason he got a bigger grant because he was the second family member to go to Tertiary education. But hey, why penalise the first child? Work that out if you can.

Two visits to Maidstone and some very stronly worded letters caused KCC to rethink and up the grants to both. After that experience I would always recommend challenging their arbitrary decisions.

Remember, KCC are the body who lost over £50m of our money in Icelandic investments and said they were sure the loss was covered. Yes, by us of course. So, I dig a little deeper and find they had another £53m investment of OUR money somewhere else! With that amount of money sloshing around doing nothing, it HAS to be worth a go to get more in a grant.

end link