Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

About time this happened in Dover. The number of untaxed cars I've seen in the district is quite staggering; there are those who say that many of these belong to migrant Eastern European workers, and that the same cars are uninsured as well. I've heard stories of Police letting culprits caught previously being let off without even a caution because of the amount of paperwork involved in prosecuting them. I hope these stories are without foundation, but I wouldn't be surprised in they were true; in the meantime let us hope that the majority of the cars seized during this operation have been crushed......

The only shame in all this is that Operation Cubit only lasted five days. I wouldn't mind a sizeable bet that the numbers seized was only the top of a very large iceberg. I had to smile quietly to myself when I heard a lady (and I use the term 'lady' loosely) of the chav demeanour yelling at the tow truck and copper removing an untaxed car from outside Morrisons to "Leave her effin' (sic) mate's car alone: she ain't done nuffin." To which the elderly chap leaving the store said "I suppose that includes taxing the car." Aside from the volley of abuse levelled at him asking him to mind his own business, she also said that her mate couldn't be arsed to wait in the queue at the Post Office to tax her car. I hope said car is now a small cube of metal.

end link