Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Bern,I think you will find Council by law have to consult.I suppose the one which most people are aware of is Planning .Have you seen the list of people agencies etc that have to be consulted.Our stratergies go out to consultation,in fact our East Kent Homelesness Stratergy is currently out for consultation.The Local development Plan is a good excample.Parish Councils have our stratergies sent to them in fact the Play area stratergy was consulted on far and wide.If you are in socially rented accommodation tenants are consulted on everything,we have tenant groups.The consultation usually takes longer than the doing.We had a Parks stratergy ,a Youth stratergy where youths were consulted.We have Cabinet meetings ,Full Council and at full council you can ask questions.You have elected representatives I dont know where you live Bern but surely you can speak to your councillor.Im truly amazed that most residents donot make contact with their councillors.In just under an hour a local resident is taking me to veiw illegally dumped rubbish.Most people in River and Alkham contact me personally.Instead of complaing on the forum and not many DDC officers and members read it contact your own councillor.It works in River and Alkham.

end link