Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Mandie/DT1 ETC I to feel pencester to be a wonderful facility, but at what cost? not in financial terms, but other wards, Im pleased to hear that SUE tells us Northbourne play area in tower hamlets will now survive, as it is well used and desperatly needed. So what I have said all long is that we need meaningfull debate about the play areas, even now its confusng, are you saying SUE that your 9 or 10 sites are the only ones to survive and rest will close over time? or re you saying Town councils have agreed(or nearly agreed)to take on some sights? if so which ones, and if so can town cllrs tell me how they came to there decision and who did they consult?

I think its like MANDIE says its very difficult not to be negative when you are faced with a major play area closure leaving 9 or 10 major sites, and it has shown with pencester that the site is popular and already outgrown itself by the number of people who use it.
    I appreciate finances, but its difficult to weigh this all up when youths make use of these play areas and soon many ill close, so a lot more youths are likely to be hanging around in the streets, this will create a feeling of anti social behaviour, which in turn will get the youths moved on, which in turn will cause youth resentment to society.
    so round and round we will go on this one.

Im pleased Chris P and I CAN AGREE on this one, the consultation document was pointed out for its errors, and it would be difficult to base your case on a flawed document that doesn't even put the play areas in the correct ward,
    doesnt make you feel confident for the future does it?

I'm becoming realy passionate on this issue as i'v seen now that reading between the lines the District council has decided to have 9 or 10 major sites across the District, so i presume for all of Dover the major site is PENCESTER
    Havng seen SUES latest comments on northbourne Av im now interested in what new plans? have come p for maintanance of other play areas in Dover, how was that decision reached? who was consuted, what were the results?
    I'm also interested in our own cllrs from the town council (some post on here)to come forward and let us know if they have been in consultation with the District council on play areas, if so what was the outcome? is the town council to ake on some play areas? if so which ones? and how as the decision reached?
    Its all about openess, Its been like pulling teeth to get these answers, which were reasonable questions and having had posters sometimes being critical of me for daring to tell people play areas may close we are now likely to be faced with this prospect.
    All im asking is for openess, and maybe some YOUTH engagement would help,
    lets see what posters come back with, im interested in the town councillors views on there position in all of this

end link