Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Congratulations to Dennis

https://rnli.org/news-and-media/2022/december/30/rnli-volunteers-recognised-in-kings-new-year-honours

During 55 years of unbroken voluntary service, Denis Brophy has undertaken a wide range of roles at Walmer Lifeboat Station, including Crew, Coxswain, Deputy Launching Authority and Lifeboat Operations Manager, a position he has held since 2001.

In this time, Walmer Lifeboat Station has been involved in 1,257 launches, aided 1,429 people and saved 313 lives. Now, in recognition of his years of supportive and diplomatic leadership, he has been awarded an MBE.

Denis said: ‘The news was a great shock and very unexpected and I was moved, humbled and surprised that I was considered worthy of such an honour. I have only ever tried to do my best for Walmer lifeboat and the RNLI, and to see the station thrive and everyone there develop in their roles has been a reward in itself.

‘It’s a true honour to accept the award on behalf of everyone at Walmer Lifeboat Station both past and present.’

I copied the above to correct #495 MBE (not BEM).

end link