Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Re #396. I don't spend the whole of my life in Deal. A fortnight ago I was in the Midlands around Leicester and regularly visit my children in London. The canals I spend a lot of time traveling on tend to weave through the more run down parts of midland and northern towns and the guys in the grocers and corner shops there where I get my supplies certainly weren't speaking French.

The Mail graphics might show things best.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11385529/New-map-shows-people-area-born-abroad-immigrant-population-passes-10m.html

You ask how we stop people making such a dangerous crossing. Good question. A very senior Civil Servant put it to me recently like this.

" You know the way that the traditional Pentathlon has been replaced by different sports to make the Modern Pentathlon?

Well apparently the Labours of Hercules have been updated with running Border Force being the modern equivalent of cleaning the Augean Stables "

As with inventing the better mouse trap, if I or anyone else had an easy solution, we would find the Home Secretary beating a path to our door - or at least landing nearby by Chinook!

You might find this video interesting?

end link