Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Jan Higgins wrote:
    Do we no longer have an extradition treaty of any sort with Greece for convicted murders since Brexit?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63489276

Maybe the Albanian PM should question why so many of his fellow countrymen want to leave Albania in such a dangerous way, nothing like a bit of deflecting from his own country's issues.

A pedant writes!

Generally speaking, Extradition is the official process whereby one country transfers a suspected or convicted criminal to another country upon request of the latter.

We are looking I presume at removing him to Albania (NOT Greece where he's served his sentence) his 'presence being non condusive to the public good'.

His asylum claim (presumably against removal to Albania) will have to be heard first so expect the usual human rights lawyers, such as Matrix Chambers. to drag this out for years on appeal.

Interestingly I've just been reading a sucessful appeal by Matrix against extradition to Greece on 'human rights' grounds as the Greek prisons are apparently overcrowded and there was 'a real risk that they would be detained in inhuman and degrading conditions'.

And there was me thinking that prisons might be some sort of a punishment!

end link