Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

ray hutstone wrote:
    If we (the UK) offered a safe means of asylum application (not necessarily a lenient one) then the business model of the people traffickers would cease to exist overnight.

82.4 million people worldwide were forcibly displaced at the end of 2020 as a result of persecution, conflict, violence, human rights violations or events seriously disturbing public order

How many do you want Ray?

Chose a number between zero and 82.4 million!

(I'm going for zero)

As for 'Had it been a White Caucasian incident.... the reactions would be different'.

Doubt it, though 46 Europeans (including kiddies - sheds crocodile tear at the loss of the innocents) did get burnt to death the other day. See bottom of page 5 in most newspapers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-59383852

Personally I'd rather drown than be burnt to death but I don't suppose we normally get a choice.

The difference with the Channel drowning is we can all 'emote' about it, enjoying wallowing in non existent guilt and beating ourselves up.

If only we hadn't 'interfered' in the middle east

It's all because of colonialism

What would Jesus do?

Remember that MP hacked to death in Southend a few weeks ago by yet another graduate of Prevent, the United Kingdom's voluntary programme for those thought to be at risk of radicalisation?

The media frenzy ends up being about censoring Twitter and Facebook rather than the risk from mad Mohammedans getting all stabby yet again.

Any of you remember the MP's name? (No Googling!)

Nope. Nobody I spoke to on the day of his funeral could either.

Meanwhile statues to the Blessed Saint Jo Cox (though her husband turned out to be a bit of a rum-un) and worry about the 'incredible growth' of the far-right!

The media are playing your emotions like the fools you are.

Personally I think it was with Lady Di and Blair's tribute that we all went 'soft'.

end link