Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Button wrote:
    Ah, now see it came across to me as containing a lot of slant and assertions. I thought agitation over "clandestine" immigration (whose numbers, by definition, are unknown) had been around way before the Brexit referendum.

I'd be interested to hear which parts you consider to be 'slants and assertions'.

And, as I guess you already know with your experience, the term clandestine is used by the French (clandestin) to describe anyone who tries to cross La Manche furtively, rather than by overt means like jumping on a ferry. I think that was the meaning Easton was trying to convey. Those numbers are accurately recorded as they arrive in the UK.

And yes - of course there were asylum seekers prior to Brexit. One of the main points of the article is that we now find, post Brexit, that managing the problem has become a whole lot harder.

end link