The post you are reporting:
The Church of Saint Mary at the Castle also faces Priory Station and the former Priory of Saint Mary and Saint Martin Newark, founded in 1130, which is exactly opposite Christchurch Court. So it seems that Our Fair Lady made a move on the Board, and came even closer to the point!
To further the point, this Priory, called "New Work", was built with funds from the Priory of Saint Martin le Grand, which was situated in the present Market Square. The Priory of Saint Martin le Grand was founded in the reign of Whthred king of Kent between 671 and 725, who transferred to there the secular canons who had until then been housed in the Castle area. So this proves that prior to kink Whitred's reign, the ecclesial centre of Dover was there where the Castle now is, and that the Church of Saint Mary must have been standing there, even though not necessarily in its late Saxon structure, as it may have been repaired or enlargened since it was originally built, hence there might be the impression that it is only from the end of the tenth century. Yet it can only be a lot older, as it is not conceivable that the ecclesiastic centre of Dover prior to king Withred - which was on the Eastern Heights - did not have a church!
So this move practically leaves the Fair Lady undisputed on the Board, proving that Her Church in High on the White Cliffs is certainly among the oldest in Kent, and in all of England!
AND She ran a Priory opposite Christchurch Court!