Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

yes Bern - there are some great words in the English language and balderdash is indeed a great one to use, must not be overused though!!!

You and I have totally different outlooks on life, thankfully - it would be boring if all agreed!!!

Back to the Olympics, I noticed that a couple of newspapers have highlighted that an exceptionally high proportion of our Olympic team and medals winners are from public schools. While I may not like sport myself I think that may well reflect the appalling influence of the anti-competitive sports lobby in State schools. The daft idea that there should not be any losers on schools sports days does not help build a new generation of Olympians. Hopefully their influence is reducing and the lottery funding will help build further future success from what must be a massive untapped resource in Sate schools.

When it comes to State funding of sport, of course the lottery funding was a top up to the relatively small level of State funding that has always existed (my comment about no state funding previously was wrong, what I should have referred to was extra funding...) but I also see reports that both lottery funding and the State element for grassroots sport have both been reduced to fund the 2012 Olympics to the tune of around £1,000,000,000.

end link