Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am always glad to see postings from Sue, or anyone who we have agreed to pay and support to manage our community and its resources. I think she is wise and clever to use this forum - it is the distance and apparent arrogance of local authorities and their reps that cause many of the communicationn problems and friction and this forum is a good place to redress the balance. However, "I do not need to explain this to you" in relation to how our money is spent is rather inflammatory, I have to say. Part of the function of a manager - and that is what Sue and others doing this work are - is to communicate effectively and be able to justify and rationalise decisions, especially unpopular ones! There are always unpopular decisions to be made, and that is your job, and all decsions popular or otherwise have to be able to be justified with evidence of the reasons. And those reasons can be convoluted and often rooted in business-speak - part of your job is to make it understandable (not necessarily popular) to people who pay you and elect you/appoint you/support you.

end link