Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

We are at the height of the summer season. More than 63,000 people passed through the port on sunday alone, so yes indeed... life is very busy right now in the Port of Dover. They cope well with such a huge daily volume, as does Dover itself most of the time.

Of course as we have discussed often in the past only a small percentage of this figure of 63,000 will have stayed overnight in Dover, yet stay they do.

I live next to a hotel as many of you know, and they are doing very good business every night judging by the amount of cars in their carpark. I watch these visitors and they are thrilled to be photographed here.

They stand with the Castle as a backdrop and smile broadly..
    "here's me in Dover mum"
    then they stand with a Ferry as a backdrop and do the same thing, then they do it with the seafront statues like The Miner and so on. So its clear that people are excited when they reach Dover. They come from Japan, America, Europe and heavens even from England itself. One glimpse of the sea and its out with the camera.

So Dover does cause a flurry of excitement in the beating breast of the travelling public, okay they may not linger much more than a night in most cases, but they are glad to be here while they are here.

Something to build on for the future perhaps.
    Do we still have a tourism officer? Lucrative business tourism.

end link