Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Honest to Gawd...there was I sitting back admiring the handywork as if it was my own. Lovely black shiney surface, immaculate, with nice white lines in the middle, and nice double yellow lines at the side and centre ( centre? sez you..yes centre sez I...not understanding why anyone would want to park in the fast lane, but I guess there's always one! ) yes the road was looking great as it cant have been more than 36 hours old.

Then late afternooon yesterday on St Patricks Day, the plaintive sound of the jackhammer permeated around my humble four walls. Yes unbelievable as it may sound, they were digging it up!

Struth ! thought I. The work of tarmacadam art is being brutalised.

But not only did they dig up one area, last night working late into the night, they dug up another area too. So it is with a great sigh that I have to tell you, we are back to the patchwork quilt..where once for just a few short hours it was brand spanking new and marvellous.

end link