Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Actually Sid the Institute of Fiscal Studies in its report into the budget exposed Darling's slight of hand. You should look at my previous post to see the detail but from April 2011 the Red Book makes clear that there will be budget cuts.

Here is a link again to save you having to find the previous post:
    http://www.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/3687378/the-truth-behind-that-10-percent-cut.thtml

You your self described -0.1% as growth, that actually means negative growth (the minus sign...) in other words cuts. I have also said how the 10% figure came about and as a result of the Health Secretary's statement this morning this means there is no diffference between the two parties on cuts, both are now saying exactly the same thing.

I personally think that is unfortunate because a much larger level of public spending cut is needed, I say 20% over 3/4 years. I would also difffer over Health, I would not ring fence health spending. The only budget I would protect is Defence.

end link