Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

That's an interesting perspective Paul. I remember a time in my own life when I had never heard of, nor would have ever contemplated the possibility of, child abuse as a reality in the world. When the Internet age took off, child abuse as a subject of public knowledge had its touchpaper lit, and the web raised awareness of what is clearly an age-old problem and probably even created a few paedophiles along the way. In some ways this is why the web has been a force for good in getting these subjects of deep tabboo into the open; the bad side of course being that it has also propagated the problem further to some extent. In the information age it is (quite rightly) far more difficult to keep your sick perversions a secret, whether you are an individual or a member of a large powerful group. But is that the right analogy to make or has it simply become more expensive for large powerful groups to keep such scandals quiet in the wake of the digital age? Looking at the Catholic Church's massive budget put aside for dealing with these cases one has to wonder!

end link