Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sheila
    hope your well you know I share many of your views sadly party politics often gets in the way of issues around OUR ward.

you raised a number of issues which I know your aware of, but for everyone looking in,,,,,,,,,

Play area, this has been ongoing, and promised for a number of years, the money was provided, then spent in the coffers of DDC.
    We have last year had an announcement from P Wallace saying he has got money from Tesco's for a play area, no consultation on where to best site it, or enough dosh to provide a play area.
    I have attempted to find out from him and his party where is the rest of the money coming from? where will it be sited> ?? how long more will Tesco wait for the play area to be in place beforere calling there money and we all again lose.
    So I will like many in the ward continue to pressure all and everyone to put back what they stole.

Bingo machine
    This is a sad tale which I have highlighted on our face book page ,and Dover for the delighted
    at the end of the day it's quite sad when as volunteers we try to keep afloat and people steal from the hall putting a good fund raiser in doubt.

Priory ward;
    I can understand your frustration on the ward in general, and have to say although st rads is deprived priory is, as you say much the same.
    St Rads is a council estate and often because councils have input into these they tend to put there resources there rather than private homes such as in priory.
    Priory has as many, if not more problems as st rads.
    You will recall I reported to the cawca committee, with other committee members we met DDC councillors and officers to do more for priory, many promises were made by them, but nonehave happened, and in my latest contact with them they appear to have ditched our ward again.
    One thing I hate is wasting my free time.

Sheila you know we struggle to keep afloat by hard work and all by volunteers, and didn't have a community hall built for us, we fund raised to raise the money to own it.

but we are lucky in some ways, we have a thriving, busy community, and a hall that is known as the centre of the ward.
    People do come together when the need arises, the hall is booked up with little space for any more bookings, so we are lucky.

We do of course need all the cllrs who represent the ward to do so, but also know where the ward is lol.
    Priory is a dumping area often not looked at in a coordinated way by all the agencies.
    Keep your chin up Sheila
    We will fight on,,,,,,,,,,

end link