Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Roger I am sorry to hear you have had some bad reviews on both Radio Kent and with Marijke who 's picture is at this moment on our frontpage.(has anyone got a link to Marijke's article?)

But...
    a couple of points re NOT taking the joke down.

1. If the joke wasnt there, and its a mild joke, if we had taken it down so that nobody could see it for themselves, then the whole world by now would have assumed it was the worst racist joke of all time. Leaving it there clears your name. So Im convinced this is the right thing to do.

also

2. If I take that joke down we are giving in to probably the one person who complained..where the other say 1,000 didnt. I have received NO COMPLAINT about the joke from anybody. As I said elsewhere...all the jokes on our Jokes Page could be construed as mildly offensive to someone, but thats the nature of jokes.

If I took that joke down, I would then in all fairness probably have to take all the jokes down, so it would result in the loss of our Jokes Page completely. Is that right??
    That cant be right!

end link