Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Bern
    Obviously I appreciate that it is difficult for one to say how one would respond if you found yourself in their position.However I have some slight perception as my father fled from war torn Poland and Europe in 1939 finally,after a couple of bouts as a P.O.W.reaching the safety of these shores in 1941.After being demobbed in '47 he had the choice of returning home but as most of his fellow officers that had returned had disappeared he decided,wisely,to stay in the UK.It became impossible to get what was left of his family out of Poland
    due to the Communist regime putting a block on nearly all travel(actually you needed a travel warrant to travel from one town to another in Poland and risked imprisonment should you get caught without one).Before I returned to Poland for a visit in 1980 my poor 82yr old Uncle Viktor spent a couple of nights banged up in chokey undergoing interrogation by the Commies as to why his Govt employed nephew was visiting Poland.Like any good Pole he said nowt.These are people that had over 40 years of oppression but now Poland is at last free and a member of the E.U

What I am advocating (and pretty badly I appreciate) is that these young males could be granted temporary residence using the UK as a 'safe haven' until such time.if any, that they are free to return.At present they make false asylum applications as this is the only avenue available to them through the current system often risking being found out as untrue and being deported.It's in the interest of all parties that these people are treated fairly and are able to state their case for coming to the UK without resorting to tales of persecution imprisonment and torture most of which are unfounded and untrue.

All laws need to be 'tweaked' if they are found to be prejudiced against those they are there to protect.

Sorry its a bit long winded

end link