Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Canterbury is a cathedral town, a university town and a major tourist destination in this part of Kent. There's no comparison between our two towns - obviously things will be more expensive there, including parking.
    Can't agree that Dover hasn't changed though Dave, I came here 25 years ago and have seen much change in that time. The main area that springs to mind is Snargate Street and the marinas. When we first arrived my husband was based at the Western docks station (a train driver) and as we didn't own a car in those days he had to walk to work down that way. It was dark, lonely and run down. Look at it now - it's beautiful! Then there's the Charlton Green area - how much better does that look than it used to! Market Square - another place that's been updated - lovely setting now. OK I know there are still a lot of places that need sorting out but I don't think it's fair to say no change has taken place.
    I may not be a Dovorian by birth but in my heart I'm one through and through. I love this town and I think all the planned changes are really exciting - always look on the bright side of life!! Smile Dave - you know you want to

end link