Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I heartily agree Rick's sentiments about Google becoming as bad, or worse, than Microsoft when it comes to illicit data collection. However, I feel that we're going to be stuck with MS for quite a while yet because they have such a hold on the market. Neither business nor personal computer users will want, or be able, to make such a drastic change. And it would be a drastic change because it is not only the OS that would have to go. As far as I know it is virtually impossible to run other MS products on a non-MS operating system. There is also a great deal of mainstream non-MS software that wouldn't work either.

I quite like the idea of going over to Linux in one form or another. It's usually blindingly fast, requires far less space to work in, uses fewer machine resources and best of all it's free!

So has anyone got any recommendations for a good Linux distro that I can duel-boot on a Vista machine?

end link