Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Lets be honest, as John rightly says(and i'm aware John is more of a fan of the paper mentioned than me) he was there and reported what happened.

I think its sad David Lloyd has decided this continued snipe, as there has been many mayors over the years done a lot to promote and work hard for this town

I'm in full agreement on the full council decision, but prior to this we seem to be forgetting another democratic decision was taken to put forward a candidate and agreed by those present (no body objected!!!!)
    then they didnt go along with that democratic decision.

CHRIS P
    Just so we can get back to disagreeing i think maybe i can put it this way.
    over the years within the party i was with i continued to campaign for labour cllrs on town council to either be labour members and abide by those decisions or if they prefer go independent but then the labour party would not leaflet/campaign for them.
    Up to the last election all yes all the labour cllrs on selection said they would abide by labour party decisions, and at that time didnt want to be independent.

So Ihave no problem with labour members deciding to run as indies and leave party.
    what i do strongly obhject to is people who sign up to be part of a club, get people in the party to run round leafleting/canvassing(with some of them hey don't even come out themselves!!) and agree to abide by the rules!!!
    then as soon as elected they decide they are no longer labour they suddenly become indies.

They can't have it both ways.

Of course 6 labour cllrs stayed true to there selection promise

hope chris p you understand where i';m coming from,

of course your against party politics, and that's another issue, this is about, your either in a club or your not, and if you don't want to be in the club then leave and be independent

k

end link