Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Diana,I have put my comments on the the open page,I saw Kathy(from the Express) at the Mayor making and she sat in the same row as me,and as I have said the walk out didn't happen,I spoke to The Mayor,Cllr Ronnie Philpott and CllrGordon Cowan,Cllr Viv Revell and Cllr Jan Tranter and Cllr Diane Smallwood all after we went to the reception.
    I knew before hand what was going to happen,but what insenced the Labour Group of Cllrs was what Cllr Lloyd said about recycling Mayors after Diane Smallwood had just completed her third term as Mayor and had done an exceptionally good job,as I knew she would as she is a District Councillor in Tower Hamlets Ward with me.
    She has unified the Council and got them doing new and exciting things and raised lots of money for charity and raised the profile of the Town Council,then to have a Councillor who has wanted to be Mayor ever since I have been involved 7 years speak about being recycled was an insult.The Town deserves the best person as Mayor,Diane was that last year.Being Mayor is not an easy job,far from it,it needs someone who can do it,wants to do it,and is able to do it.Yes the biggest group decided who they will nominate,and usually because they are the biggest group this goes thru.In politics you get nothing for coming second,eg Paul Watkins wouldn't offer me a job in the Cabinet at DDC because I am from the wrong group,so why are some of the Cllrs on Dover Town Council think the rules are different.
    I like Cllr David Lloyd,but he is not even very popular on the Indies side,and year after year he believes he should be Mayor,and what Gordon Cowan said reflected this,he must realise that in this Council Cycle there will never be a Indy Mayor.
    I would not acuse the Express of fabrication but they do not know what happened as they rely on tittle-tattle from some Councillors who put 2 and 2 together and come up with an answer and then feed it to the Express,so if the Express are given a tit-bit they then use some of the info they get then add thier own slant,which then becomes gospel,when in fact the original info may not be correct in the first place.
    The other problem is that Cllr Cowan and the Editor of the Express have previous as I understand that at one stage Cllr Cowan was slaughtered by them,and when the Police investigated found no evidence and was going to the complaints commission they published a one paragraph comment hidden in the depth of the paper saying that no evidence was found,and since that day the Express slaughter everything he does.

end link